quinta-feira, 13 de março de 2014

So it ends...

Good evening followers of this blog

   Today is March 13th and there is only one day left of this Ise course. Tomorrow it will be the last day that we are going to meet with the teachers and with all the responsibles for the Ise-Program. But lets talk about what happened in this ''last day''.

   Why do I call it the last day? Because it was today that all our duties were completed. My blog responsability ends today and so did the classes and the reports.
   If you read my previous posts, you might remember that I was also occupied with a presentation that I had to deliver today.


   In the picture above, you can see the presentation-room, big and filled with students, volunteers and teachers. I was the fifth person, out of 13, to give my apresentation, which lasted 10 minutes. I decided to talk about my Ise Pilgrimage Master Thesis (which Im writting) and compare it with the Naiku. This idea brought me some interesting points of view, which I will surely write about.


   The presentation went well, and we were all very glad that everything went well for everybody. I must say, I miss my portuguese presentations. I don't dislike them, but they were never my favourite thing. Now I truly miss them.....
   After our presentations, we decided to give some native-presents to the volunteers and the main program responsibles. While I'm writting this post, they must be at home, eating their foreigner chocolates and candies. 


   We caught them by surprise but they did enjoyed it. Unfortunately, some of them realized that everything was going to end soon and they couldn't hold their tears. I was quite surprised to see that level of affection, because I never tought that 3 weeks would be enough for them to really like us. People have that impression that japanese people are cold people, but they are not, at all. They may appear to be that way, but you can truly connect with them....and I do mean truly TRULY connect with them. 
   After this emotional moment we went for a dinner with everyone, including the Ise mayor once again, and returned to our dorms at 9:00 pm. One hour later we had a little '''chill-time'' in a friends room, where we stayed for 90 minutes. 

   It was a day that everyone feared, because some of us got sick during this week and a presentation made in japanese is hard for everyone. Fortunately, we all succeeded.
   My trusthworthy followers, althought my program will end tomorrow morning, with a farewell ceremony, I will still remain in Japan until March 18th, where I will depart back to Portugal. However, I'm thinking about updating this blog during those days, also. Please look forward to it. They shall be our last 4 days in Japan. 
   About my course, I did learned a lot! I know my master thesis will grow with the information I gathered, and with the rest that I still plan to collect. I have never stayed in a foreign country this long and I wonder how will that affect my return. Can't wait for it, though...because I know that I will only realize what I truly did here after I leave. 
   Until then, lets enjoy Japan! 

   I give my thanks to all the teachers and volunteers for this unique experience!! Thank you so so much!! Also, to my friendly english neighours: Lars, Thomas, Sara, Angelika, Izabela, Natham, Maarten, Maximillian, Mujeeb, Joanna, Thalia and Olga - It was nice meeting you guys! Thank you for making this experience even better! I will never forget it. 

Diogo here, thank you for reading and stay tune for more!  

1 comentário:

  1. Sei que vais apreciar a experiência como ninguém :)
    Mas é bom saber que estás quase a voltar. We miss you lil' brother.

    ResponderEliminar