segunda-feira, 10 de março de 2014

Metropolitan Weekend

Good afternoon fans of Japan!

   One more day of discovery has ended and this one was pretty cold. Although we had the sun shinning and not even one drop of rain, the wind was strong and the coldest one, so far. Even snow started to fall, but, unfortunately, it was only for a couple of minutes and I didn't see it.

   Today I decided to show you a little bit of the biggest metropolis that we have seen, in the last 15 days in Japan: the city of Kyoto.






   It takes 2 hours to get to Kyoto, from Ise, and by the time we were arriving, I could only think about seeing the high buildings. Honestly, I am not a fan of big cities, but 2 weeks in smaller towns made me wish for a higher level of urbanization. As you can see in the pictures above, I got my wish fuffiled, 
   However, the best moments, of these big metropolitan areas, happen during the night.






   In the first 3 pictures above, you can see the big Kyoto train station which is attached to a 12 storey mall, with hundreads of shops and restaurants. Once you leave the train, it's very difficult to tell where the station ends and the mall begins, because of all the stairs and hallways and the hundreads of people walking everywhere. In the beggining, I even believed that the station had 12 floors. 
   Unfortunately we only had one night to enjoy Kyoto, which we did, thanks to some small ''Ilumination'' shows.

                               

   And, of course, the most famous night entertainment in Japan: Karaoke




   I truly recommend every single foreigner in Kyoto (or in another Japan city) to go to Karaoke, it's very amusing and fun! 
   But this was just our free-time moments in the city. By no means this is the portrait of the entire metropolitan area, there is so much more that, unfortunately, one weekend can not cover. While in Kyoto, we had a private demonstration of Noh theater, we visited the Gion Shrine and one art museum. Again, those locations deserve their own posts, which I hope to write about, soon. 

   I appologise for the small posts that I have been writting lately. In a few days I will have a presentation that I need to prepare and that has become my top priority. I will still post everyday, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I'am not going lazy with this blog. 
   Hope you have enjoyed this post (check the photo section for more). 
   Today was, probably, the most special day in my entire trip. Why, exactly? Well, I will let you guys know about it tomorrow. Please look forward to it.


Diogo here, thank you for reading and stay tuned for more!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário