sexta-feira, 7 de março de 2014

Tasty Japan

Good evening my dear followers

   One more day ended for me, but it was not long, this time. Today there was no rain. The sun was shinning, but the morning cold still persisted. The day was filled with classes, with no tours.

   After giving it a little bit tought, I decided to show you guys some of the dishes (that you haven't seen yet) that I have tasted so far, while in Japan.
   Starting with a noodle dish.


   I don't know much about japanese food, but I do know that noodles are made from dough, which is then cut in all type of diferent forms and boiled in hot water. It does seem like a thick pasta and it usually comes with some vegetables. Normally, noodles are meant to be dipped in a variety of sauces. A very famous dish in japan, like sushi.
   Next, we move to a drink called Karupisu


   The look of this drink suggests something similar to milk, or yogurt, which is very close to the truth. Actually, this drink is a soft acidic drink, made with water, nonfat dry milk and lactic acid. The taste is like a soft yogurt in the beggining, and then quickly turns into a sweep milky taste in your throat. Quite nice and fresh, I must say.
   Next, in move to some casual dishes from a Beer-house that I went on Wednesday.

Fresh salad with ham.

Big sausage

Bread with cheese (meant to be melted)

Fries with fry oysters.

Fresh oysters.

   As you can see, it was pretty much a buffet-type of restaurant, but it was not meant for food, but for beer. In here, you could decide to go on a beer run, which makes you pay a price and then you can have has much beer as you wish. This restaurant had 15 types of beer and some of my friends wanted to try them all. I personally tried a beer called Shinto Beer. It didn't have that strong flavour in your throat, it was rather light and sweet aswell. 
   Here is the environment of a night well spent.

                                

   It is needless to say that some of my friends got drunk, funny-drunks I admit. No doubt, an interesting gastronomic and social japanese experience. Many would love to repeat it.

   Unfortunately today's post is short because my weekend is going to be a busy weekend. I will spend it in a trip to Nara and Kyoto, which will make me unavailable to post in this blog. 
   However, do not worry, because Sunday night I will be back and a post will follow up my return, on that same day. Please look forward to it, as I am to post it, because I will bring many many pictures and videos! 


Diogo here, thank you for reading and stay tuned for more!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário